Today’s Recipe: Matcha Coconut-based Ice Cream Dish
If you would like to learn about Matcha, then it may be useful to know that Japan is the major producer of this powdered variety of green tea. Matcha tea leaves contain chlorophyll, as a result of extorts being kept in the shade during the final weeks of their maturity, and is responsible for imparting the greenish color to the leaf extracts. The concluding stages of Matcha preparation include the leaves being pounded in stone grinding machines for obtaining their powdered form.
Matcha powder is favored in recipes, such as baked dishes and smoothies, for increasing their nutritional value. A distinctive feature of this tea-type lies in the fact that the powder is not strained, as a result of which the whole leaf is consumed, due to which it is considered stronger than the rest of the tea varieties. You may note that only ½ tsp of the leaves is adequate for brewing a cup of Matcha tea.
Health Benefits of Matcha
For studying about the various health benefits of Matcha, the following details may be referred to:
- Antioxidants: Do you know that Matcha is a rich source of antioxidants due to which its intake is considered healthy? Antioxidants are nutritional elements that bear the ability to ward-off the harmful free radicals. A high number of these injurious elements can cause damage and give birth to a range of illnesses including cancer. For this reason, it is advisable to add antioxidant foods in your diet for improving the body functioning.
- Chlorophyll: We have mentioned earlier that chlorophyll is contained in Matcha. It may be interesting for you to learn that Chlorophyll is a detoxifying agent and supports the toxin-flushing process because of which the body can function in a normal manner. This gives you another reason for relishing Matcha.
- Reduces Weight: It may also be advised to consume Matcha if you are looking to lose weight. The various constituents of Matcha are helpful for burning a higher number of calories and fat cells, as a result of which your weight measures can reduce.
- Improves Heart Health: The intake of Matcha is also known to reduce the levels of unhealthy cholesterol, keep blood pressure levels within normal range, and lower the incidence of heart-related illnesses. As a result of these factors, the health of your heart is maintained.
Matcha Coconut Ice Cream Recipe
In the following details, we are sharing a vegan-based recipe prepared with Matcha tea powder. It has been found that Matcha has a bitter taste. However, in this recipe, other ingredients such as vanilla extract, coconut cream, maple syrup, and a few drops of lemon juice, are also included, and these enhance the flavor of this simply yummy dessert dish.
- Vanilla Extract (½ Teaspoon)
- Matcha (2-4 Teaspoons)
- Lemon (Only a few drops)
- Full-fat Coconut Milk (1 Can)
- Sugar (½ Cup)
- Maple Syrup (2 Tablespoons)
- Vodka (1 Tablespoons – Optional)
- Salt (a pinch to taste)
- The ice cream maker bowl should be kept in the refrigerator for 12-24 hours before going ahead with this recipe.
- Use a large bowl to combine lemon juice, sugar, maple syrup, matcha, vanilla extract, salt, and vodka (if adding).
- Stir the bow contents thoroughly for removing the lumps. The bowl contents should be strained if the mixture is lumpy.
- After that, the mix should be put in the ice cream maker and churned as per the directions were given.
- Then, the preparation should be decanted in a freezer-safe box and stored in the freezer for the duration of 1-2 hours for hardening the mixture.
- Also, if the ice cream is stored in the freezer overnight, it is advised to keep it at room temperature for 15-20 minutes before you consume it.
Health Benefits of This Recipe and Its Ingredients
In the above recipe, we have seen that the different ingredients for preparing Matcha coconut ice cream include sugar, maple syrup, vanilla extract, lemon juice, and coconut milk. Let us study the health benefits of these ingredients individually.
- The goodness of lemons lies in their ability to purify the blood, increase the immunity levels, and keep the stomach in a cleansed state.
- Amongst the numerous health benefits of vanilla extract are included its anti-oxidant, cholesterol-reducing, and anti-inflammatory properties.
- The intake of sugar is recommended for boosting energy levels, lowering blood pressure, and uplifting the mood.
- Maple syrup is considered nutritious because of its rich antioxidant value and constituents such as manganese & zinc which are known to improve the bodily immunity.
- Coconut milk is revered as an ingredient in dishes because of its moisturizing and antiseptic nature. Moreover, it aids the metabolism process due to which its consumption has weight-loss benefits.
Normally, ice creams are prepared with dairy-based milk. However, in the recipe mentioned above, this ingredient is replaced with coconut milk. Some people prefer coconut milk over the dairy varieties. We suggest you try this recipe and let us know which one tickles your taste-buds more.