There is no other better terminology other than ‘Traditionally Dominant’ to describe the bonding between Wimbledon and Rolex. Rolex is the King of watchmakers, whereas Wimbledon is the King of Tennis tournaments. Both have a rich history and tradition.
Wimbledon and Rolex 2016
It is undoubtedly a fact that the moment you hear Wimbledon, what strikes your mind is Rolex and vice versa. The following factors are a proof for the standing example of a bond between two high-end luxury pride.
- Wimbledon and Rolex joined hands in 1978 and since then, Rolex has been the official partner for Wimbledon.
- The strategy followed by Rolex is known as ‘Sports Marketing.’ Rolex’s policy is that ‘Sports’ is the only event which transcends social, cultural, ideological and religious barriers.
- Rolex has made several Tennis players as its brand ambassadors, the most popular amongst them being, everyone’s favorite Roger Federer.
- It is a known fact that Rolex is a luxury brand. Rolex and Wimbledon are suited for an affluent crowd that targets the same audience.
- It is well known that Wimbledon does not use any advertisements in its Tennis The tournament has its decorum and mannerisms. No hoardings are placed around the court or on the ground. There is one and only exception to this. The answer is very well known to you. Yes! You can spot only the Rolex brand’s Crown logo while you watch the game live or on TV.
- The Rolex is the official timekeeper of the Wimbledon Championships. The main central clock of the Wimbledon event is from Rolex.
- Everyone might have this doubt. Does Rolex need Wimbledon or Wimbledon needs Rolex? There is no answer. Because Wimbledon knows very well that Rolex’s efforts to market the tournament is indescribable. Rolex goes beyond boundaries to advertise and market the game, which Wimbledon itself doesn’t do. Similarly, Wimbledon gives a face to Rolex. Their relationship is a powerful and a strategic one.
The powerful and fruitful journey of Rolex and Wimbledon since the last 38 years can never be compared with any other brand. In fact, such a bonding never existed between anybody else.