Paneer Bhurji belongs to North Indian cuisine and serves as a breakfast meal. Accompaniments such as roti or bread can be relished with the dish. Crumbled paneer or cottage cheese is cooked with onions, tomatoes, and powdered spices, for enhancing the spicy quotient of the dish.
The dish can be readied in a matter of few minutes and requires basic ingredients. Also, paneer bhurji can be wrapped in roti, after which they can be devoured, and makes for an appetizing meal.
Recipe for Paneer Bhurji
The recipe for Paneer Bhurji can be found in the following details.
Paneer Bhurji: Ingredients
- Paneer/cottage cheese (crumbled): 200 g
- Ginger-garlic paste: 1 Tsp
- Tomatoes (medium-sized) (chopped): 2 Nos
- Onion (medium-sized) (diced): 1 Nos
- Oil: 1 Tbsp
- Green chilies (chopped): 2 Nos
- Red chili powder: ½ Tsp
- Turmeric powder: ¼ Tsp
- Cumin seeds: ½ Tsp
- Garam masala powder: ¼ Tsp
- Coriander leaves (chopped finely): for garnishing
- Salt: to taste
Paneer Bhurji: Preparation
- Wash the vegetables and chop finely. Set aside.
- Rinse the paneer with water and crumble. Keep aside.
Paneer Bhurji: Cooking Method
- Take a pan. Add oil to the pan and let it become hot. Now, put the cumin seeds and allow them to crackle.
- Then, put the onions in the pan and sauté for few minutes.
- Now, Stir in the ginger-garlic paste and green chilies. Cook the pan contents for a couple of minutes until the raw smell wears off.
- Drop the tomato pieces in the pan and let them soften. Salt can also be sprinkled on the pan contents for faster cooking.
- Spray the spice powders such as red chili powder, Garam masala powder and turmeric powder in the pan. Mix the pan contents.
- Toss in the crumbled paneer, Stir the pan contents. Cook for 1-2 minutes, after which the gas can be switched off. Make sure you do not cook the paneer for long, or it could harden.
- Top the dish with thinly chopped coriander leaves. Mix well.
- Serve the dish with roti, bread toast or parathas.
We have a variety of recipes listed on our website; please go through our Recipe Blog Section for more details. We welcome you to write into us and let us know if you enjoyed the paneer bhurji dish.