Various health advantages can be enjoyed by relishing legumes such as black beans. These foods rate high in fiber and protein content, nutrients which are health-benefitting in several ways. The canned varieties of black beans can be purchased from stores and after that, they can be cooked to gain from their nutritional value.
There are different ways of devouring black beans. Dips can be prepared with their inclusion, or they can be mixed with other vegetables for preparing a taco salad, or soups can be readied using them. They can also be coupled with rice dishes for a hearty meal.
Recipe for Black Beans and Rice
The black beans and rice meal option are said to be highly nutritious. We are sharing a recipe for black beans and rice, which you can try when looking to incorporate black beans into your diet. The dish is prepared with onions and tomatoes. Also, ingredients such as oregano and garlic powder are added for flavoring the dish.
Additionally, the dish is readied with brown rice, which is considered to be a healthier option, as compared to white rice. The dish can also be savored with chutneys or sauces, by your preferences.
- Instant Brown Rice (uncooked): 1 ½ Cup
- Stewed tomatoes: 1 Can
- Garlic powder: ½ Tsp
- Oregano (dried variety): 1 Tsp
- Onion (cleaned & diced): 1 Nos
- Black beans (un-drained): 15 ounces / 1 Can
- Vegetable Oil: 1 Tbsp
Black Beans & Rice: Cooking Method
- Use a large saucepan and add oil. Place on the medium-high flame on the gas.
- Sauté the onion in the heated oil for few minutes, till they are softened.
- Stir in the other ingredients such as beans and tomatoes.
- Also, sprinkle garlic powder and oregano in the saucepan. Mix the contents and allow boiling.
- Then, add the brown rice to the saucepan.
- Cover the saucepan with a lid and cook on low flame. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- After that, switch off the gas and keep for 5 minutes.
- Now, the dish is ready to be served.
This dish can also be accompanied with spicy condiments, for those who love their dishes to be hot and fiery. Also, to know more about food, nutrition, and recipes, go to our Nutrition Section. Enjoy!