The chicken tacos with pineapple salsa serving make an excellent low-calorie dinner option. The preparation of the dish includes stuffing tortilla chips with chicken fillings in addition to sauces, spices, fruits and veggies. Within 20 minutes, the dish is ready to be put on the table for devouring and keeping the appetite satiated, accompanied with added value of health benefits.
It may also be noted that the intake of chicken is considered nutritious as it rates high in protein content. Also, the body receives its supply of essential nutrients such as vitamins and minerals. Chicken consumption can help in keeping the weight measures and blood pressure levels under control.
We are sure now you would like to know the recipe and it is advised that a reference to the below-listed details be made for the same.
- Preparation: Chop the chicken thighs into small chunks or mince in a food processor. Keep aside.
- Serving: The recipe can serve two people.
Ingredients Chicken Tacos with Pineapple Salsa
- Chicken thighs (boneless variety): 500 g
- Pineapple (small) (cored, skinned and diced): ½ Nos
- Onion (medium): 1 Nos
- Passata: 200 ml
- Paprika (sweet smoked variety): 2 Tsp
- Chipotle paste: 1 Tbsp
- Cider Vinegar: 2 Tbsp
- Cumin powder: 2 Tsp
- Coriander (diced): ½ bunch
- Brown Sugar: 2 Tbsp
- Vegetable Oil: 1 Tbsp
- Tortilla chips: As required
- Hot sauce: For serving
- Salt: To taste
Chicken Tacos with Pineapple Salsa: Cooking Method
- Take a wide saucepan and place on the gas. Put half the quantity of onion when the oil is lightly heated. The minced chicken should also be added to the pan contents. Cook on high heat for 5 minutes until the contents turn brownish in color. Keep stirring with a spoon every few seconds and crush the chicken pieces.
- Now, ingredients such as passata, vinegar, cumin powder, chipotle paste, brown sugar, and paprika must be added to the pan contents. After cooking for 5 minutes and allowing the contents to blend, the pan should be removed from the gas.
- In a large bowl, mix the pan contents with pineapple pieces, coriander and the remaining quantity of onion.
Serve the salsa dish with warmed tortilla chips and condiments including the hot sauce. Be assured, the spicy nature of the dish will keep the taste-buds burning for more. Please visit our food and nutrition section for more mouth-watering recipes.