The intake of soups can have a healing effect on the body. It is advisable to relish the soups when they are hot and steaming, as it can keep the body warm while resisting the microbial elements, responsible for infections and illnesses. Gingery Lentil Soup is one of them!
Recipe for Gingery Lentil Soup
If you are looking for a vegetarian soup option, then we suggest the Ginger-based lentil soup. Lentils are pulses rich and high in proteins and require cooking prior consumption. Lentils are packed with nutrients such as fiber as well as proteins, and they can be consumed in soup form for exploiting their goodness. The recipe for the Gingery Lentil Soup is furnished below:
Gingery Lentil Soup: Ingredients
- Chicken Broth (low sodium and fat-free variety): 14 ounces/2 Cans
- Water: 4 Cups
- Brown Lentils (washed and drained): 1 Cup
- Carrots (medium) (peeled and chopped): 3 units
- Garlic (peeled and chopped): 1 Tsp
- Ginger (fresh) (skinned and shredded): 2 Tsp
- Onion (medium) (diced): 1 unit
- Olive Oil: 2 Tsp
- Tomatoes (drained and chopped):5 ounces/1 Can
- Black pepper powder: ¼ Tsp
- Curry Powder: 1 ½ Tsp
- Salt: ¼ Tsp
Gingery Lentil Soup: Preparation
- Wash the vegetables separately with water. Another option is to keep the chopped vegetables in salted water for 1 minute or so, after which they can be thoroughly washed in running water. Keep aside.
- Mix the broth with water and set aside.
Gingery Lentil Soup: Cooking Method
- A wok or large-sized saucepan is needed. Place on the gas.
- Add oil and allow it to become hot on medium-flame.
- Then, stir in the onion pieces and carrot chops. Keep covered and cook for 3 minutes or until they become tender.
- Now, add the peeled ginger and chopped garlic to the wok contents and cook for 1 minute.
- Then, salt, black pepper, and curry powder should be sprinkled in the wok.
- After that, the diluted broths can the splattered in the wok.
- The lentils can also be added at this stage.
- Boil the wok contents. Reduce the flame to low-heat and cover the wok. Allow the wok contents to simmer for 20-25 minutes or until the lentils are softened.
- Then, put the diced tomatoes in the wok. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- The soup is ready to be served. Take four bowls and divide evenly.
Conclusion: Gingery Lentil Soup can be counted among the healthiest portions of a meal. Go through more soup recipes in our recipe section. We hope you try the recipe and give us your feedback!