Readied with fresh tomatoes and topped with Parmesan cheese, the garlic and tomato pasta can be relished as a meal or whenever hungry. Prepare the pasta sauce, while the pasta is cooking so that the dish can be whipped up in a matter of few minutes, and without much ado.
Recipe for Garlic and Tomato Pasta
This dish serves as an appealing meatless option, for those who prefer going the vegetarian way.
Garlic and Tomato Pasta: Ingredients
- Parmesan cheese (shredded): ¼ Cup
- Basil (fresh) (finely chopped): 1 Tbsp
- Garlic pods (pressed & washed): 4 Nos
- Tomato paste: 1 Tbsp
- Tomatoes (cleaned): 2 pounds
- Olive oil: 1 Tbsp
- Pasta (Angel’s hair): 8 ounces/1 packet
- Salt: to taste
- Black pepper powder: to taste
Garlic and Tomato Pasta: Cooking Method
- Take a kettle and put in the tomatoes. Then, pour cold water into the kettle. Allow the kettle contents to start boiling, after which the water can be drained. Then, splash cold water in the kettle and let the tomatoes cool. Now, peel the tomatoes, which can be followed by chopping them into small pieces. Set aside.
- The pasta should be cooked until they are al dente. Fill a pot with water and cook the pasta on the gas, until done.
- We need a large skillet to make the sauce. Place the skillet on the gas and add olive oil. Sauté the garlic for few minutes in the heated oil, after which the tomato paste should be added. The chopped tomato can also be added to the skillet. Sprinkle salt and pepper in the skillet. Cook on low heat and let the contents simmer, till the pasta cooks. Then, top with chopped basil leaves.
- When the pasta is done, drain the excess water, and do not keep under running cold water. Mix with a few tablespoons of olive oil, and then stir into the sauce. Cook uncovered on low flame, for around 8-10 minutes, after which it is ready for serving. Garnish with grated Parmesan cheese.
Accompany the quick pasta dish with garlic bread on the table. Additional seasoning ingredients can also be added, if needed, for enhancing its flavor. We hope you enjoy your meal!
- Mushrooms can also be added, if using then sauté quartered mushrooms with the garlic.
- Zucchini can also be put along with the tomatoes if desired.
Know more continental, English and Indian recipes from our Food & Nutrition Section.