The Fruit Trifle with Mascarpone Custard is a sweet-flavored dessert dish that you simply give a shot. It is made with Mascarpone cheese, which gives the dish a creamy consistency. Also, other ingredients such as fruits and cakes make this dish fruitilicious. Scroll down further for the recipe.
Recipe for Fruit Trifle with Mascarpone Custard
- Passion fruit (split into two pieces): 4 Nos
- Mascarpone cheese: 250 g
- Coconut (shredded & toasted): 1/3 Cup
- Strawberries (hulled and finely sliced): 250 g
- Vanilla Custard: 1 Cup
- Cream (coagulated and whipped): 300 ml
- Fruit cake (light): 400 g
- Peaches in natural juice (drained & sliced laterally): 1 Can ( 425 g)
- Sherry (sweet flavor): ¼ Cup
- Jelly crystals (strawberry flavor): 85 g
Fruit Trifle: Cooking Method
- Take a large-sized heat-proof bowl and place the jelly crystals inside. Pour 1 cup of boiling water into the bowl, stir the contents constantly and allow the crystals to dissolve. Then, add 200 ml of cold water to the bowl. Now, cover the bowl and keep in the refrigerator for 2 hours or until done.
- In another bowl, put the mascarpone cheese and whip with a wooden spoon for a smooth texture. After that, the custard can be added to the bowl. Keep aside.
- Split the fruit cake into eight slices of 5mm each. Now, take a dish having the capacity to hold 6 cups and position four cake slices at the base. Decant half the sherry on top. Then, pour half the custard mixture. Add half the quantity of jelly above the custard mixture, with the help of a spoon. Then, put half the quantity each of peaches, strawberries, and passion fruit over the jelly. The next layer consists of the remaining cake pieces, custard mix, sherry, jelly, peaches, passion fruit, and strawberries.
- The topmost layer should consist of the whipped cream. Then, take plastic wrap and drape around loosely. Place in the refrigerator for the night. Before serving, shower the dish with toasted coconut.
We are sure you will find the dish to be an absolute delight for the taste buds, and we would love to hear from you, so we request you to write in and let us know all about it. Get more updates on our delicious recipes; bookmark our blog now!