The recipe for rice pudding that I am sharing below is easy-to-prepare and simply delicious. It has a creamy texture, which makes it drool-worthy. Rice pudding is a dessert dish and can be relished after meals. Basic ingredients are needed to prepare the dish. However, additional ingredients such as cinnamon and nutmeg can be added to enhance the flavor of the dish.
Also, if you would like to have a creamier consistency, then short or medium grained rice may be used in the recipe.
Creamy Rice Pudding: Ingredients
- Milk: 2 Cups
- White rice (soaked & drained): ¾ Cup
- Vanilla extract: ½ Tsp
- Golden Raisins: 2/3 Cup
- Salt: ¼ Tsp
- White Sugar: 1/3 Cup
- Egg (Beaten): 1 Nos
- Butter: 1 Tbsp
- Water: 1 ½ Cup
- Cinnamon powder: to garnish (pinch)
Creamy Rice Pudding: Cooking Method
- Take a saucepan and add the water. Bring the contents to a boil on high heat. As the water starts boiling, reduce the flame to low.
- Put the soaked rice in the pan. Cover the pan and allow the contents to simmer for around 20 minutes until the water is absorbed and rice is tender.
- In another saucepan, mix 1 ½ cups of milk, 1 ½ cups of boiled rice, salt and sugar.
- Place the pan on medium flame and keep covered for 15-20 minutes and allow the pan contents to reach a thickened consistency.
- The other ingredients such as the beaten egg, raisins, and ½ cup milk can then be stirred in.
- After that, simmer the pan contents for 2-3 minutes and stir constantly. Then, the gas can be switched off.
- Now, add the butter and vanilla extract to the pan contents. The rice pudding is ready to be relished. Pour into bowls and keep on the table after dinner.
- Garnish with a pinch of cinnamon powder to offer a luscious, rich taste.
If you do try the recipe, then we would like to hear about your experience. So please do write in and also give us your valuable feedback.
The rice pudding dish is high in calories, due to the sugar content. If you are looking for a low-calorie dessert option, then white sugar could be replaced with Splenda (R) or other healthy sweetener varieties. By doing so, the creamy rice pudding can be enjoyed without worrying about the calorie build-up.
Creamy rice pudding is a recipe that holds distinctive names in different countries; however, it is an ideal dessert dish for most households. Try it and taste it! Learn to cook various meals and side dishes from our recipe section on the website.